For this awesome recipe you’ll need
- Olive oil in apan
- Whole blanched almonds, toasted(1 cup)
- All-purpose, bleached flour(1 cup)
- Baking powder(1 tablespoon)
- Fine Sea Salt(1/8 teaspoon)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 finely gratedorange Rind
- Fresh, strained orange juice(1/2 cup)
- Extra virgin olive oil(1/2 cup)
Orange Juice Soak
- Strained orange juice(1/2 cup)
- Granulated sugar(1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Adjust rack to the middle level.
- Wipe or spray a 9-inch spring formpan with olive oil.
Grind toasted almonds into a fine meal. Whisk them together with flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
Beat eggs at medium speed until foamy, slowly add sugar and beat until thick. On low speed,
- add flour- nut mix
- add orange rind
- orange juice and olive oil
- blending just until mixed
- Scrape the batter with spatula into prepared pan and level top.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer plunged in middle comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutesand cool completely
- When cool, transfer to a serving plate right side up
- Mix together the 1/2 cup orange juice and 1/4 cup sugar
- Poke holes with a fork over top of cake and slowly pour on Orange Juice Soak, then serve
- Covered tightly with plastic wrap, the cake will keep well for up to three days at room temperature