How to make dosa at home - Tried and Tested Home Recipe For Delicious Dosa
Are you fond of dosas? Are you tired of searching for authentic south Indian dosa in your area? Do you want to try your hand at making dosa from scratch? A crisp dosa always comes under a happy and healthy meal. Making dosa at home is surprisingly easy. With simple guidance, the right ingredients, and the perfect equipment, you can make delicious dosas without leaving your kitchen. Before we get into the specifics, consider the perks of eating dosa:
- Low in Fat: A healthy option for you to choose.
- Excellent protein booster: A sufficient protein intake is always essential. The crisp dosas keep you active and energised throughout the day.
- Simple to digest: A wholesome meal that is tasty and easy to digest. Nutritious and light meal of all time.
To make dosas according to your taste and style Homepuff is here to help you in the kitchen with amazing tools and simple instructions. Let us take a closer look:
- Cast iron dosa tawa
- Blender or mixer grinder
- Large bowl
Homepuff offers you trendy and useful types of kitchen essentials which are effort and time-saving with remarkable results.
WHY HOMEPUFF CAST IRON DOSA TAWA?
- Heat retention: This makes the process easier for you. While you experiment with your dosas, Cast iron distributes heat evenly and retains heat well, heating gradually. Prevents burning or excessive heat to your dosas.
- Iron booster: Cooking with cast iron cookware increases your body’s iron content, which benefits your health.
- Quality: Quality products are always the priority of the label. The cast iron tawa is non-stick without any added chemicals and the iron used is top-notch. It retains the nutrients of your dosa along with flavour.
- Durable: Cast iron cookware is fabulously durable and lasts a long time.
- Multi-skilled: Cast iron cookware is suitable for a wide range of cooking techniques including frying, roasting and more.
- Easy clean: Simple wash with warm water and soap, is all it needs.
CHOPPERS BY HOMEPUFF:
- Choppers & Slicer-Dicer: Choppers and slicers ease your pain and give you perfect diced, sliced, or shredded veggies in the sizes we prefer.
- Choppers are available in both manual and electric variations for your veggies to be in the sizes you prefer.
- Slicer-dicer with 12-in-1 function setup, allowing you to cut veggies as per your needs
- Variety availability: If you prefer manual or electric, we provide you with both.
Manual choppers are offered in two mechanisms- vertical or horizontal, whatever you prefer to choose!
- Quality with assurance: Premium quality razor sharp blades with 6 months warranty time.
- Capacity: From 250- 1000 ml, choose according to the size of your family.
- Zero toxicity: No toxic chemicals like BPA, or BPS is present thus keeping it healthy.
These choppers are a great choice to prepare for the dosa masala, sambhar and chutneys. You can slice, chop and grind items in no time without any mess.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE :
- Rice- 1 cup
- Urad Dal-¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Mustard or Olive oil, according to the choice.
Steps for making dosa batter:
Step 1: Fermentation is an important part of dosa preparation. Thus the first step to follow.
We will start with soaking rice and urad dal for 4-6 hours or even overnight. Make sure to soak separately.
Step 2: Drain the water and grind the rice to a fine paste in a blender or mixer grinder, adding water as required. Transfer the ground rice to a large bowl.
Step 3:To make a fine paste, grind the urad dal with a little water. The paste should be smooth and light. Now, transfer the mixture to the same bowl as the rice paste.
Step 4: Add salt and thoroughly mix the rice and the urad dal mixture, making sure that it is mixed evenly in the batter.
Now, cover the batter with a lid and let it ferment for 8-10 hours or overnight in a warm place.
Step-5: You will see the batter has risen and there is little froth after fermentation. If not, you need to leave for 2-3 hours more. You may also sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of salt in the batter and warm it in the oven, this will save you time.
Time to cook crispy dosas:
Step 1 : Pour the batter using a spoon or can use a small stainless steel bowl. Make sure to pour it in the centre of the dosa tawa.
Just move it in a circular motion, don't take a large quantity of the batter if you want a crisp and thin dosa.
As the space is not an issue in the cast iron tawa, you can make it 8-10 inches. The Smooth texture of the tawa will allow you to move your hand flawlessly, resulting in a perfect dosa.
Before pouring the batter, heat the cast iron dosa tawa, and sprinkle some water on it. Wipe the tawa with a clean towel. Now, chop an onion into half using sharp stainless steel razored knife and rub it on the tawa. This pre-seasoning trick will make the tawa non-stick and give you non-oily crispy dosas in no time.
Step 2: Cook the dosa on medium flame until the edges begin to golden brown and the surface is cooked through. Flip the dosa over after loosening the edges with a spatula.
Step 3: Cook the dosa on the other side as well, for about 60-80 seconds until it is brown and crunchy. Make sure not to overcook the dosa, just s little brown and it's done.
Step 4: Now cut the dosa in half and place it on a plate. Serve hot with chutney, sambar, or any other accompaniment of your choice.
Step 5: Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
Voila! Your crisp and tasty homemade- dosa is ready!
Homepuff understands your preferences and the challenges you face in your kitchen. With a variety of equipment mentioned above and newly launched home basics, you can save time and effort. Try amazing recipes and carry the flavours in heatpro series of insulated lunch boxes available at home puff to keep your crisp dosas crisp, fresh, and delicious. Available with lunch bags for your convenience and comfort. Do check the site for the details. Enjoy your savoury Dosas!