Spicy Coconut Chutney Recipe: Coconut chutney is a special dish for idli, dosa and upma. It is simple and easy to make. Among many of the chutneys, instant making is coconut chutney. The perfect companions for uttapams in south India are coconut chutney. This is a simple Homemade recipe prepares in very less time. Coconut adds nutritional values to the body. It has prominence in calories and minerals. Coconut water also plays a vital role in the summer season. It beats the hotness and acts as a refreshing drink. Even the oil is gained from dry coconuts, which is helpful in scalp nourishment. It also finds usage in the medical field too. In order to stay healthy, the protein content is essential. The famous Kerala, Coconut Recipes chutney is explained here.
Vitamin B and potassium can be obtained from coconut and its water. Consuming coconut in any of the form like coconut milk, butter, oil etc. helps in treating infection such as throat, influenza, bronchitis which is caused due to microbes. This is one amongst the famous south Indian recipes. There was a false rumor regarding the coconut oil as it contains high saturated fat resulting in heart diseases. But this is truly a false statement instead it converts the fat content into energy and lowers the fat levels.Intake of coconut also helps in the growth of strong and healthy.
Frozen coconut may not be recommended for preparing coconut chutney so the preferred is fresh coconut. The recipe can be made in a few minutes as the making process is simple. Beginners who are new of making coconut chutney may follow the below procedure.
Coconut Chutney Recipe Ingredients:
- Grated fresh Coconut-1 cup
- Cumin seed-1/2 table spoon
- Mustard seeds-1/2 table spoon
- Green chilli-3-4
- Salt-1/2 table spoon
- Chana dal-1 table spoon
- Water-as required
- Oil-2 table spoon
- Tamarind paste-1 table spoon
- Curry leaves-4-5
Coconut Chutney Recipe Process:
- Take the coconut, chana dal, green chilli and salt in to the grinder.
- Allow it to grind. If the course is rough then add little water and once again grind it to make a smooth paste.
- In a pan add oil, when the oil gets heated put mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and fry it for few seconds.
- Take out the pan from stove and add to the coconut paste.
Now you can enjoy the coconut chutney with idli, vada, dosa and some may like to have with parathas.