Mushroom Curry Recipe: Mushroom is a kind of fungi which are found on soil above the ground. Its classification is different because it is distinct from plants and animals. But usually comes under the vegetable category as per many author’s opinions Mushroom is one of the tastiest and delicious Indian curries with aromatic flavor. The curries offer a taste like
White button mushroom helps in improving the immunity and also fight against cancer. Mushrooms have different nutritional values like they are less in calories, free of fat, stay away from cholesterol and delivers potassium, vitamin D, selenium and etc. Generally mushrooms bought even from a good source should not be kept in refrigerator but must be cooked on the same day. Here we go with Mushroom curry in Indian style preparation.
There are 14,000 types of mushrooms which have existing and out of 3000 are appetizing and 1400 are identified as poisonous. Among many types of mushrooms, the easily available in any of the grocery stores are white button mushrooms. For all the vegans and non-vegetarians the dish is treated as a special with the good taste. All the north and south Indians prepares this dish with the different style. It can be made with in fewer times and can be served instantly.
White button Mushrooms with the
Ingredients Required for Mushroom Curry Recipe:
- White button Mushrooms-250gms(sliced)
- Cashewnuts paste-1/4 cup
- Onion-1(big size) chopped
- Tomato-1(big size) chopped
- Garam masala powder-1 table spoon
- Coriander leaves-few finely chopped
- Mint leaves- few finely chopped
- Salt- as per taste
- Bay leaf-2
- Oil-3 table spoon
- Lemon juice- 1 table spoon
- Ginger and garlic paste- 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder-2 table spoon
- Curd- 2 table spoon
- Sajeera-I/4 table spoon
- Green chilli slit-2
- Turmeric-1 table spoon
Mushroom Curry Recipe Preparation Process:
- In a bowl take the water and boil. Add lemon juice and salt to the water. Once the water gets boiled add the sliced mushrooms by covering it with the lid for 5 minutes.
- Drain them and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions, green chillies and let them crackle.
- Now add bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, mint leaves, sajeera, ginger and garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric and salt to the pan and allow it to fry for few 3-4minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, cashewnuts paste to the pan and stir them.
- Improve the flavor by adding curd to the cooking mushrooms. Add water if requires more gravy. Cook it on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Once the oil gets float at the top, put the garam masala powder and turn off the stove.
- Take the mushrooms curry to the serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
Mushroom curry can be served with biryani, plain rice and roti.