Our lives have become so fast, we aren’t able to keep track of our health anymore. With all the pollution around, eating healthy food is the least we can do to make our lives better. So, we at Homepuff have made it a point to deliver amazing recipes for you all. From meals to desserts, we will try to cover everything in our recipes section.
Here is a soup recipe that will save your precious time and also make a healthy meal for you:
- 1 Smoked chilli Pepper (Dried and Smoked)
- Poblano Pepper (1 piece)
- Diced White Onion (1 medium size)
- 2 Pressed or minced Garlic cloves
- Jalapenos (1/2) as per taste
- 14ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 TSP Ground Cumin
- Vegetable Stock 32ounces
- Rinsed and Drained Hominy (32 Ounces)
- Sea Salt
- 1 Avocado
- Rinsed and Drained Black Beans (14 Ounces)
- Corn tortillas 6 (6inch)
- 2-4 Radishes (Super thin slices)
- Crumbled Queso Fresco or Feta Cheese (2 ounces)
- Chopped Cilantro Leaves (1 Handful)
- Sliced Lime
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice and stack the tortillas (tortillas should be 1/2inch wide and 2-inch long strips). Remove jalapeno seeds and chop peppers. Peel and Dice the Avocado in medium sizes. Squeeze lime juice on avocado to prevent it from browning.
- Cover baking sheet with oil. Toss the tortilla strips in oil and arrange in a single layer. Bake it for 6-8 minutes or the colour changes to golden brown. Season the tortillas with salt, while still hot.
- Bake the chilli pepper until warm on a baking sheet. After cooling cut the pepper and remove the seeds.
- Heat olive oil till hot (medium temperature). Add the onion, jalapeno and garlic and cook until softened (Stir occasionally). Add vegetable stock, tomatoes and cumin to the oil mix and stir. After simmering for 3-4 mins, add seeded chilli powder, hominy and black beans to the mix. Season with pepper and salt, as per taste.
- Finally, Discard dried chilli pepper. Place tortilla strips, radishes, avocado and Queso fresco at the bottom of the bowl. Pour the soup into the bowl and add the remaining radishes, avocado, tortilla strips and ques fresco to it. Finally, garnish the soup with cilantro, lime wedges and hot sauce, as per taste.
let us know your thoughts on this recipe in the comments below.