A simple recipe for everyone:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest (colored portion of the peel)
- Juice and grated zest (colored portion of the peel) of 1 lemon
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Generouslymix butter and flour in a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan and set aside
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes Stir in orange and lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly and scraping down sides of mixing bowl with rubber spatula between each addition
- In a large bowl, sift flour again, along with baking powder and salt
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition
- Sprinkle pecans into bottom of prepared pan
- Pour batter into pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hour or until cake tests doneRemove from oven and place pan on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes
- Place butter, sugar and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Pierce cake with a fork and pour hot glaze over warm cake.
- Let cake cool completely before releasing from pan