Here is another fun and easy recipe for that special dessert after dinner:
For this Cake You’ll Need:
- Vegetable shortening(1 cup)
- Granulated sugar(2 cups)
- 6 Eggs
- Milk(1/2 cup)
- Very finely crushed pretzels (blenderize)(1 1/2 cups)
- Sifted all-purpose flour(1 1/2 cups)
- Baking powder(3 Tbs)
- Cinnamon(2 Teaspoon)
- Raisins(1 cup)
- Chopped nuts(1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Oil well and lightly flour a Bundt pan.
- Cream shortening and sugar in large bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Beat in milk.
- Fold in pretzels, along with flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Add raisins and chopped nuts gradually, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out and complete cooling.
- Confectioners’ sugar(1 1/2 cups)
- Fresh lemon juice(2 to 3 tablespoons)