Just like regular routine makes our lives boring and monotonous so does the same food again and again. Once in a while we could just turn ourselves in to a masterchef and try something out of the box. Let us try something that will uplift your everyday meal. A good meal can even turn the worst of days into a good one. So, we’ve decided to get you something that will give your taste buds a routine change. For this recipe you will need:
- (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped hot peppers
- 1/4 cup drained, chopped pimento
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Tortilla chips
- Combine peas, bell peppers, hot peppers, onion, pimento and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil and mustard and pour over the bean mixture; mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and Tabasco sauce.
- With a wooden spoon or potato masher, mash the bean mixture slightly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Drain the “caviar” well and serve with tortilla chips