Kakarakaya Recipe: Kakarakaya is one unique vegetable with a bitter taste. It is also called “Bitter gourd”. Kakarakaya is least preferred vegetable among all the vegetables because of its taste and look. Most people ignore this vegetable if served in the plate as it tastes so bitter however it may not taste yummy but has many health nutritional benefits in it. Kakarakaya is also known as karela in south-east Asia. Bitter gourd Fry Recipe preparation Steps are given below. Everyone thinks that kakarakaya is a vegetable but actually speaking it is a fruit with a trademark for its medical benefits. It gives very low calories with excellent sources of vitamins B1, B2, B3, and C also contain high fibre dietary. Kakarakaya Recipes are liked by many people in India.
This vegetable plays important role in health benefit for diabetic’s patients as it replaces insulin-like compound called as Polypeptide P. Most Ayurveda doctors prescribe to have raw juice of kakarakaya early morning with an empty stomach because it cleans bacterial infecting organisms and makes skin glow and refreshing all the time. Kakarakaya is best health vegetable if it cooked or uncooked. Usually people especially kids don’t prefer this vegetable but it is best served with roti, chapatti rather than rice. So many varieties of recipes can be prepared like kakarakaya fry, kakarakaya pickle, kakarakaya curry, kakarakaya vepudu (famous in Andhra). It is mostly available at Andhra restaurants.
Kakarakaya fry is a simple process which can be prepared and stay healthy all the time.
Ingredients Required for Kakarakaya Recipe:
- Bitter Gourds-250gms
- Onions-1 (medium) chopped
- Cumin seeds-1/2 table spoon
- Mustard seeds-1/2 table spoon
- Salt-as per taste
- Sugar-1 table spoon (optional)
- Turmeric-1/2 table spoon
- Red chilli powder-1 table spoon
- Coconut powder-1 table spoon
- Coriander seeds-1 table spoon
- Oil-4 table spoons
- Curry leaves-few
- Coriander leaves-few
- Garlic cloves-5-6
Kakarakaya Recipe Preparation Process:
- Cut the bitter gourd into thin slices.
- In a bowl take water, salt and turmeric and put the bitter gourd slices. Squeeze the water from it and set aside.
- Heat the pan with oil and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, garlic cloves, curry leaves and make fry of it for a few minutes.
- Add chopped onions and bitter gourd slices to the pan and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Now put the turmeric, salt, red chilli powder, coriander seeds, coconut powder and mix the whole content and allow it to cook on simmer flame.
- Put some sugar and once again blend it.
Finally add the coriander seeds and take into serving bowl.
The health and nutritional kakarakaya fry is ready. Fry can be served with rice and roti.