Corn Garelu Recipe: Today I want to prepare a south Indian food recipe corn garelu. ‘Garelu’ is a food item mostly famous in Telugu states. Both in Andhra & Telangana. Most of us knew it with the name Vada. And vada is India Famous. Both are one and the same. Vada is derived from the Tamil language. So mostly this cooking recipe is derived from southern states of India. Corn garelu recipe preparation steps are below given.
Garelu or Vada is generally prepared with moong dal. We can try this with corn also. Corn is very healthy food. We can have it daily as it has no demerits. Corn is rich in Carbohydrates. It contains fibre also. Today lets learn the preparation of Corn Vada recipe or corn garelu recipe.
This is a festival recipe in the south of India. During Pongal festival in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, this is prepared in almost all houses. Corn or Maize is very good for health. Let it be cooked in any form, it is very essential to eat it. This is a seasonal cereal. People who love eating hot & spicy food will love to eat this Maize Vada Recipe.
Now, let’s start the cooking process of Maize Vada Recipe. Check the Ingredients below.
Ingredients required for Corn Garelu Recipe preparation:
- Maize or Corn: 4 Number (Approx Half Kg after peeling seeds)
- Green chillies: 6 Number (Medium Side)
- Onion: 2 Number
- Garlic: 100 grams
- Coriander: 100 grams
- Cumin seeds: 10-15 grams
- Tomato Sauce
- Refined oil
Maize Vada Recipe Cooking Process:
Grind the corn, Chillies, cumin seeds & Garlic in a grinder or mixer.
Tip: Don’t grind so soft, if so oil consuming will be more when cooking
- Switch on the stove & put a deep fry pan on it and pour refined oil in the pan.
- Add Salt, finely chopped onion & coriander with the grinned mixture.
- Now make it into round shape & put a hole in middle as shown in the figure below.
- The hole in the middle is made only for the item to cook better & for appearance.
- Now drop each vada into the oil once the oil gets heated up.
- Cook it approximately for about 5 minutes on medium flame.
- When it turns to reddish color take it into a plate.
- Finally corn garelu are ready to eat. Serve it hot with tomato sauce.