Pasta is one of the most loved dishes around the world. It is easy to find pasta in a lot many forms than we know. So, we found out a whole bunch of pasta recipes to make your meals interesting. Today’s pasta recipe is named Green Onion Fideo and we are going to show you how to make it. For this recipe you will need:
- Vegetable oil(3 tablespoons)
- 8 ounces fideo or other fine pasta, broken into 1-inch pieces
- Garlic cloves(2), minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Onion(medium size) chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash of cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated
- Scallions(3 or 4) chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add fideo, and cook until lightly browned
- Add onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Top with grated cheese and scallion.
- Cover until cheese melts.