Banana Flower Chutney: Of all other vegetarian foods banana florets chutney has its own importance in the south Indian recipes. Most people love eating this better than non veg recipes. Banana flower chutney is a traditional Indian recipesfound in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Odisha, Tamilnadu & Kerala.
Generally this recipe is cooked in the houses of Brahmin category of Hindu religion. Banana flower chutney is prepared by adding many spices. Banana blossom curry is also prepared in some parts of India and this is also prepared in Thailand.
The preparation of banana flower pickle involves many steps. Here I have made it easy considering the time. But it gives you the same taste as the traditional one as am not skipping any ingredient. Now lets not wait much and jump into the ingredients required for banana flower pickle. Below is the process given for preparing the chutney.
Ingredients required for Banana Flower Chutney Recipe
- Banana Flower 1 Number (Refer the image)
- Indian stone machine (Refer the Image)
- Refined Oil
- Turmeric powder
- Ripen tamarind
- Jeera Powder & Jeera (Dry cumin seeds)
- Mustered & Mustered powder
- Dry Red chillies & red chilli powder
- Garlic cloves
- Methi (fenugreek)
Banana Florets Chutney Preparation process:
- Methi & mustered softly grinded.
- Jeera, Garlic cloves & dry red chillies grinded powder.
Now lets get into preparation.
- Separate florets form bract of banana flower.
- Now clean the florets by removing the thin style in middle. You must only collect the white part finally.
- Now take a Indian stone machine put these in that and mash them gently. (Should not paste)
- You can use mixer grinder in place of stone machine if you are not having it. But keep in mind that florets does not mash much.
- Now take take some water in which turmeric powder is mixed. Wash the florets for about three times in this water so that sourness reduces,
- Later lighten the stove and put a pan on it and start cooking the florets in 1 glass of water, Salt, turmeric powder & tamarind.
- Cook it for about 25-30 minutes and switch off the stove.
- If any excess water remains remove it after it cools.
- Now take another pan add two spoons of oil and let it heat for about 20 seconds.
- Add mashed garlic cloves, dry chilli, Mustard, and dry cumin seeds and fry it for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the boiled Banana florets to this and mix it well.
- Add powder of Methi, mustered powder which you have prepared earlier.
- Jeera. Garlic cloves & Red chilli powder also which you have prepared it earlier.
- Cook it for about 1-2 Minutes and switch off the stove.
- Finally banana flower chutney is ready to serve. Have it with hot rice which gives great taste.