Aalu Chana Sabji is one of the famous North Indian curries which will be best to eat with Chapati, Parota & Poori. One can try this curry with rice also. Aalu chana or Aloo Chole masala recipe preparation steps are given below.
This is a very healthy curry which can be taken daily. Potato & Bengal gram is used in the preparation of this tasty Indian recipe. One who loves spicy food can try with this recipe. Poori, often taken as Tiffin for breakfast in South India, is preferred with Aalu Chana Sabji. Now let’s start preparing without any delay.
- 100 grams of:
- potato consists of 77 calories
- potato, boiled consists of 87 calories
- potato, baked consists of 93 calories
Ingredients required for Aalu Chana Sabji preparation:
- Fresh potato: 250 grams ( Approximately 2 medium size)
- Chana (Bengal gram/ Chole): 100 grams
- Fresh red Tomato: 200 grams
- Green chilly: 4 medium size
- Onion: 1 Medium size
- Red chilli powder: 1 tablespoon
- salt: add to taste
- Coriander: 50 grams
- Refined oil: 2 Tablespoons
- Turmeric powder
- Ginger paste: half tablespoon
- Garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
- Chole masala powder: 1 1/2 Tablespoon
Aloo Chole masala recipe Preparation Process:
- Soak channa in water for overnight (Approximately 6-8 Hours) and remove excess water.
- Boil potato in water and peel them
Tip: Cut the potato to half and boil so that it boils fast and also add some salt while boiling.
- Put the pan on the stove and put oil and let it heat.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste & turmeric powder and let it cook for few seconds on medium flame.
- Now add chopped onions and fry them to golden brown colour (approximately for 2 minutes).
- Now add soaked chana and chopped tomato & cook for 5-8 minutes
- Add a glass of water if required for cooking.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, chopped green chilli, coriander & chole masala and cook for 2-3 Minutes
- Let the juice dry for good taste.
- Finally, aalu chana sabji with fine flavour is ready to eat.
- Serve it hot with hot poori, chapati or parota.